We officialy started the competition with our welcome ceremony last night. Below are some pictures from last night. This year (12th consecutive year for the TUBC competition) 13 teams are competing. They are:
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan
- Maastricht University, Netherlands
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Assumption University, Thailand
- Mahidol University International College, Thailand
- Thammasat University, Thailand
- Northeastern University, United States of America
- University of California, Berkeley, United States of America
- University of Florida, United States of America
Based on a random drawing from last night, our team will be going against the Maastricht University and the University of Florida. Our hosts did a good job hiding the school names and replacing the team names with fictional company names (see picture below). We will see the finalists from each division present in the finals.
All teams will have 40 hours to work on the case. Our team will get the case at 2pm on Thursday and will need to submit it at 6am on Saturday. All rules will be stricly enforced, and during the 40 hours our team is not allowed to have any contact with the outside world. I won’t be able to see our team until they present the case on Saturday morning. We all wish them a lot of luck.