The HAN-SF Undergraduate Leadership Award (HULA) is kicking off its third semester of recognizing exceptional undergraduates. After selecting 13 winners from the past 2 semesters, HULA is looking for its next batch of notable leaders for the award.
For those who immediately visualize a dance when they hear “HULA”, some background. HULA is a grass-roots effort organized, administered, and funded by the activities of the HAN-SF Chapter, its alumni members, and partnering organizations. It’s a competitive merit-based scholarship program that recognizes Haas undergraduate students who demonstrate potential or applied leadership within their studies, extracurricular activities, communities, and/or families.
HULA engages Haas alumni to assist in the selection of candidates by reading applications, interviewing award finalists, and attending new-alumni welcome events. It is the goal of HULA to build interest in HAN as students matriculate to the Haas alumni community.
- All currently enrolled Haas undergraduate students (Juniors and Seniors) are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- HULA is a one-time award. Students may re-apply each semester they are eligible and the program is offered.
- HULA winners for the Fall 2013 semester will be awarded a scholarship of $1,000 each.
- Applications Available to Students: 9/17/13
- Application Deadline: 10/11/13 by 11:59pm
- Notification for Finalist Round: 10/22/13
- Leadership Workshop: Early November
- Finalist Interviews with Alumni: 11/16-11/24
- Award Recipients Notified: Early December
Top-scoring applicants will be invited to attend a Leadership Workshop hosted by an influential company (details currently under wraps). Applicants will participate in team-building activities and will also have the opportunity to network with Haas/Cal alumni. Dinner will be provided and students are encouraged to bring their resumes. Last year’s Google Leadership Lab resulted in 2 Haas undergraduate hires!
HULA finalists will be notified at the end of October and will be invited to attend the interview round in San Francisco. Interviews will be conducted by Haas alumni volunteers and will last approximately 30 minutes.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://sf.haasalumni.org/category/hula/